Campfire is planning to offer a range of orientation sessions for a Covid world and we'd like to do a poll on the most popular subjects. Before we launch the poll we would like to sound out our members on their potential interests. What are the key concerns / themes / topics of our age that such courses might address?
Each course will be different, of course, but the overall ideas behind the 'initiation' term was that we especially wanted a focus for new members of Campfire (that's not to say the courses won't be open to existing members too), in order to represent what we considered to be some of the key themes, topics and concerns of this Covid and post-Covid age
We would also like to introduce these in alignment with Campfire ethos and values, so that members would have an opportunity to move through several levels of learning and initiation stages over the four weeks of each course. All input on this welcome...
Mooted so far are courses around subjects such as:
· Dying Well Being commutable with dying, preparing for it well and living our final years in the best way possible.
· Celebrating Menopause How women can play a strong role in navigating the rest of their lives
· Highly Sensitive People (Empaths) - More of us than one might assume are highly sensitive. how does that impact on life and the way we behave, and on those people's mental health and wellbeing?
· Opening Up Men - A course based around developing a healthy balance and a positive relationship to power, sexuality, exploring our vulnerability, toxic masculinity, relationships with our fathers and showing emotion and heart.
· Technology For Good - Much use of technology and especially social media has been increasingly toxic and geared towards profit over mutual benefit. How do we anchor a positive vision of technology that works for all and doesn't put us in boxes.
· How We Listen. The art of deep listening and enjoying good nourishing conversation, learning its rhythms, ebbs and flows and allowing other space to speak from the heart and be heard.
- What is 'Home'? Being connected to place, global nomadism, travel post-Covid, how travel and community will evolve?
Are any of those broad definitions of interest to you and what might we consider adding?
Some suggestions from a recent Campfire group Facebook thread :
- Emotional Freedom Techniques, or EFT (often known as Tapping or EFT Tapping), is a universal healing tool that can provide impressive results for physical, emotional, and performance issues. EFT operates on the premise that no matter what part of your life needs improvement, there are unresolved emotional issues in the way.
- Deliberative Democracy techniques
- Parenting eco-grief.
- Community gardening.
- Communal singing.
- Can we learn to love the robot? or should we fight it as Luddites might.